gFlashPro - Flashcards & Tests
Import & export
... more extras
Details about the features
Downloads stacks from Quizlet, Study Stack, and their own library (gWhiz Catalog).
Images in Quizlet cards are not really downloaded but included as html image links and downloaded when you view the card.
Images in gWhiz cards are the same but can be cached when downloading the stack.
Their library: www.gwhizmobile.com/gWhiz/Catalog.php
Imports from Google Docs, and downloads and caches the images and audiofiles to which you included links in your spreadsheet. Here is an example spreadsheet
More info: www.gwhizmobile.com/gWhiz/creating.php
Demo video (on iPad - 5 min): www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZK0-8y5GE
On including images & sounds in your cards: Well, you can.. but it's a hassle.
Option 1: Create your stack on Quizlet, where you can upload images (if you have a 'Plus' account - $10/year www.quizlet.com/upgrade/ ) or use images from Flickr. And then download your stack in the app. Warning: you’ll need a connection to see your pics on the cards, they are not cached.
Option 2: Create your stack as a Google Docs spreadsheet, like this example in which you include the URL’s of the images and sounds you want to use, so they must be hosted online.
More info on making stacks for this app: www.gwhizmobile.com/gWhiz/creating.php
Limitations: The free version shows ads, and doesn’t have:
- Downloading stacks from Quizlet or StudyStack
- Delete, "forget", and move cards in the deck
- Create groups of card decks
- Move decks between groups
- Combine or split decks
Rating (US App Store)
Nov 21st 2008
5 years ago
4 months ago
Whoever said that studying had to be a bore? With the latest release of gFlashPro, we've cranked up the volume. Designed for the user who wants to have it all, this app puts every feature currently available at your fingertips. With a single download, users receive every upgrade available for purchase in our free app, gFlash+, instantly. By offering users a robust platform for creating, downloading, and manipulating flashcards in every subject under the sun, we've taken the rote out of rote memorization.
With the new gFlashPro, we have made sure that learning is not only fun but also virtually effortless. Creating or downloading flash cards is a breeze. Users have always been able to create their own card sets using Google Docs and access preformatted content in the gWhiz Catalog and through third-party sources including Quizlet and Study Stack. But now, users have another choice! Within the app itself, users can purchase branded premium content from the nation's top educational publishers directly through their device. Participating publishers include McGraw-Hill, Kaplan, Wiley Publishing, and Barron's, among others. Users will enjoy new, fresh content in our innovative "box"-style flashcard format.
With more features than ever before, this version of gFlashPro is a must-have study tool for students of all ages.
· Fully functional card editor - create and edit your own card sets, right from within the app!
· No limits on the number of cards or card sets
· Fast Google Docs integration - create your cards in a Google Spreadsheet and then just download into the app
· Ability to download from and share card sets with the gWhiz Catalog
· Support of both Box and Classic Display Configurations
· Support for multiple choice questions
· Ability to include zoomable images and audio/video clips
· 5 star performance scoring - track your improvement!
· Cached images and sound clips for offline studying and faster display
· Convenient onscreen controls for sorting and screen layout
· Multisided cards with up to nine card "sides" easily added thru the Google Docs interface
· Reverse Q&A
· HTML support
· High quality iPad interface
· Complementary content from select publishers
· Access to over 50 million 3rd party card set sources from Quizlet and StudyStack
· Delete, "forget", and move cards in the deck
· Autoshuffle (card scrambling) control
· Create groups of card decks
· Move decks between groups
· Combine or split decks
· No ads
This new version of gFlashPro offers branded publisher content available through in-app purchase! The premium branded content is created by leading educational publishers including Kaplan, Barron's, McGraw-Hill, Wiley Publishing, PPI, CCI, FLVS, and Vet Board Games.
Here at gWhiz we are committed to customer satisfaction. With over 1 million users of our gFlash apps, we have received valuable feedback and suggestions for improvement. We have integrated many of these new features into our latest release. So give it a whirl! You won't be disappointed.
Users should note that an active wireless connection is required to download new cardsets, and view flashcards with videos. Once downloaded, text based flashcards, cached images, and cached sound clips can be used at anytime.
For more information about our products, please visit our website at www.gwhizmobile.com. If you have comments or suggestions for future improvements, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.